British International Schools in Kurdistan (BISK)
Job description / Role
Purpose of the role: The School Director is ultimately responsible for the overall operational management and vision of the school. This includes the development and delivery of the school’s program consistent with the school’s mission, philosophy and goals, overseeing the school’s business operations and financial health, and assuring adherence to policy and procedure.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The School Director leads and coordinates the administrative and educational activities of the school by executing the following functions either personally or through personnel. These essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
Vision and Strategy
• Articulate, advocate and manifest the school vision consistent with the school’s mission
• Ultimately responsible for the overall success of the school, providing the school community with educational leadership consistent with BISK philosophy and pedagogy; ensuring curriculum goals and programming are implemented.
Finance and Business Operations
• Provide oversight for business operations and ensure annual audit.
• Spearheads the work of the Finance Committee
• Develops budget and approves expenditures
• Oversees Tuition Assistance process and approves appeals
• Supervise admissions, marketing and fundraising efforts.
• Oversee accountability for organisational policy and procedure for staff, teachers and the organisation as a whole.
• Ensure the safety and well-being of all students and employees under the school’s jurisdiction; supervise the operation and maintenance of all school facilities.
• Supervise and support office and faculty.
• Ensure performance reviews for all staff.
• Define the teaching and non-teaching positions needed to implement the school’s programs and ensure the selection and employment of competent personnel to fill positions as needed
• Oversee and act on hiring and terminating personnel in consultation with the CEO when this applies to faculty.
• Ensure educational quality through periodic program evaluations. Oversee and implement decisions to move forward on any curriculum upgrades and/or changes.
• Ensure adherence to student disciplinary policies and standards of conduct.
• Submit reports to external agencies as required.
• Represent the school to its constituents, including faculty and staff, parents, students, alumni, neighbours and the broader community.
• Collaborate and represent external community partners.
• Manage the sometimes-competing demands and interests of the various constituencies of the school.
• Monitor and address emergent community school issues in a timely manner.
• Act as an advisor to the Board, including bringing to the attention of the Board such matters and data as are appropriate to keep the Board fully informed to meet its responsibilities. This includes the annual budget, tuition, enrollment and fundraising recommendations, long-term planning needs, suggestions for board policy development as well as strategies for institutional betterment.
• Sustain open communication with the Board’s leadership, including attending Board meetings and maintaining Board agendas and minutes.
• Support the Board in its efforts to raise funds for the school
• Ensure the school conducts its affairs in a manner congruent with its bylaws
• Represent the school in its relations with the Ministry, regional and national educational organisations and accrediting agencies.
USD 3,000 to 6,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Expat package includes, Accommodation, Transportation, Flight ticket, Visa and residency
• Ability to train and motivate team members with respect, recognition and appreciation;
• At least 3 years of related experience;
• Team player with a positive attitude;
• Demonstrate proficiency in leadership and management;
• Previous school experience not required, but preferred;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
About the Company
BISK aims to ensure that our students grow to become “Lifelong Learners.” We scaffold their development to help them become knowledgeable individuals who are principled, creative, open-minded, balanced, unique and most importantly, happy citizens.
BISK provides a rich British curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, emotional and physical development of students at the school and prepares the students with the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences for later life.
BISK ensures that its students understand the Kurdish culture whilst educating them about other cultures through its global curriculum, which in turn helps to build tolerant and respectful young people.
BISK instills the values of honesty, respect, self confidence, equality and self control in its students through the lessons we teach in the classroom.
BISK provides an integrated education to its students, that is strong, and that has a well established base in physical, social and emotional aspects at an international level.
BISK students attain an internationally recognised qualifications that allows them to study further anywhere in the world. Our students can achieve a Cambridge certified IGCSE certificate or an A/S and A level certificate.
BISK creates opportunities for its students in the subjects of active learning, of thinking outside the box, creative thinking and acting independently. It creates a sense of belonging to the school, its traditions, and is oriented towards a mutually respectful environment.
BISK grows each year from strength to strength and evolves through time to ensure that the curriculum is current, relevant and up to date. We pride ourselves on the multicultural environment that we have at BISK.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Step 2 Teaching
Big Fish Recruitment
Step 2 Teaching
|Saudi Arabia||2 Mar|
Head of Secondary
Step 2 Teaching
Step 2 Teaching