Senior Application Engineer (IT)
United Energy Pakistan (UEP)
Job description / Role
To manage and provide expert guidance for delivery and support of all applications comprising specialized technical and business systems. Manage and support the delivery of all Information Systems-enablement projects, provision and implementation of third-party and in-house developed business applications as well as the development of corporate Intranet, Internet and Extranet Portals and e-business solutions to achieve company business objectives in accordance with all applicable international best practices.
Application Architecture and Development
•Guide the development of the architecture of new application or any major enhancements to the existing ones, and review the design, to ensure the application interfaces, connectivity with other systems, compatibility, etc. are covered in the design.
•Supervise the identification and selection of appropriate operational plans to update applications and software and develop new comprehensive designs that meet all technical requirements.
•Manage the analysis, design, and development of all in-house and third-party Business Systems by following the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and utilizing the division resources to meet specific business requirements
•Manage the application vulnerability management & threat detection for application protection and portals services and coordinate with internal & applicable external cyber security experts to ensure service requirements are securely designed and meet compliance objectives.
•Collaborate with IT Operations/Systems Administrators to ensure regular backup mechanisms for the applications/products developed are in place to avoid loss of any information/ data used by the system.
•Perform regular assessment of follow-up procedures for applications and software used to ensure that weaknesses are identified, reformed and enhanced.
•Maintain the documentation of the applications and software and organise the storage of documents to ensure their preservation in accordance with the approved archiving procedures.
•Lead the migration of all newly acquired, newly developed, or upgraded software solutions onto the production environment
•Closely Monitor the activity to ensure smooth integration with the existing landscape and resolve any issues that arise to minimize the system downtime.
•Develop/deliver end-user training and user acceptance testing of all newly acquired, newly developed and/or upgraded applications in collaboration with the stakeholder community and IT teams to enable transfer of knowledge on the application and ensure that the users’ requirements are meet and they are satisfied.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment.
•Follow all relevant company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
•Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet IT section requirements, policies planning, and governance-related requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology discipline (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, CIS) or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/training or work experience
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in similar role.
• ERP System implementation/Integration.
• MCST SharePoint 2016/2019, Configuration, Administration and Development. (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist).
• MCST Windows Server 2016/2019
• Microsoft SQL Server Administration
• Advance Programming in .NET framework (C Sharp & ASP.NET)
• Microsoft Business Intelligence (On-premise and Cloud)
• Business Process Management
• Expert level software programming expertise.
• Hands-on experience SQL, Application/Reports Development, SharePoint, BI Tools, SAP and Business Process Management.
• Skillful in relational database administration & content management systems.
• Expertise and experience in E&P applications and license server management.
• Knowledge of general/standard features/behavior/validation of vendor application portfolio.
• Knowledgeable of current advances in computer technology, market trends and how this affects the business environment.
About the Company
United Energy Pakistan (UEP) is Pakistan’s leading foreign exploration and production company. UEP is a subsidiary of the United Energy Group (UEG), an international energy company. UEG is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and has operations in Pakistan, Iraq and Egypt.
UEP’s history dates back more than four decades, and the business has witnessed a change in ownership a number of times from UTP to ARCO and subsequently BP. In 2011, UEG acquired control of this asset from BP, ushering in a new era of growth for the company. Backed by UEG’s technical and financial support, UEP has emerged as the leading foreign producer and investor in Pakistan’s upstream oil and gas sector.
UEP’s parent company has also invested in the renewable energy sector. UEPW owns and operates a 99 MW wind energy project in the Jhimpir wind corridor of the Sindh province.