Job description / Role
Social Media Executive - Iraq
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in over 90 cities across 13 countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The social media executive is the owner of all content posted on Careem's Jordan's social media channels. Objectives are to grow brand engagement, advocacy and fan-base by consistently implementing the brand's contents strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Content creation: Support local marketing team in developing creative content calendars of all on-going campaigns, partnerships, sponsorships, events and PR.
- Community Management: Actively engage with and grow the online community as per the brand's social persona and guidelines.
- In-depth awareness of marketing & PR calendars from local marketing team.
- In-depth awareness of regional SM calendars from global marketing team.
- Conceptualizing and briefing in SM contents calendars.
- Preparing SM-focused events and contents calendar for local market.
- Conceptualizing creative and bold content aimed at delivering brand messages.
- Providing recommendations on up-to-date execution formats for each SM channel.
- Drafting campaign terms & conditions and FAQs.
- Briefing in community management and customer service teams on campaign mechanics, T&Cs and FAQs.
- Posting / scheduling all content on all brand channels.
- Briefing in other relevant markets to support local content.
- Attendance and live coverage of local partner events.
- Influencer marketing: identifying, briefing, tailoring-content, negotiating, executing & reporting on all influencer lead campaigns.
- Working closely with digital team on monthly boosting strategy, budgeting and plan.
- Submitting monthly SM analytics reports, including qualitative learnings and insights on optimizing content, and competitor/industry benchmarking.
- Working closely with creative team, agencies or suppliers on perfecting execution of content.
- A-Z customer relations responsible for all customer support and answering all inquiries with minimal response time. They will also be able to take the conversation offline and contact the customer directly to resolve any issues directly. They will be trained on a number of CRM platforms in order to accurately communicate or escalate each and every inquiry incoming from the brand numerous social media channels
- Brand advocacy
- Engagement: actively engage/converse with existing or new potential customers.
- Re-engagement: actively keep the conversation going with existing or new potential customers.
- Seeding: monitor and select relevant or trending conversations online, and seed the brand into the discussion.
- Reporting & helping develop internal processes
- Develop monthly reports on customer satisfaction, engagement rates, response time, escalation issues, etc.
- Help the Head of Community Management with collating and consistently updating brand FAQ documents.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. He/she can think strategically one minute and roll-up his/her sleeves the next minute to excite drivers, turnaround upset customers, charm a partner CEO, and deliver outstanding growth.
Additional qualifications include:
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Passionate about social media and content creation.
- Proven social media / digital marketing / public relations / copywriting / social media community management experience / content marketing. Required: 2-3 years of experience in social media marketing.
- Fluent in Arabic & English.
- Writing skills: excellent use of language matched with proper customer relations .
- Must have experience working in Iraq.
- Outgoing personality: sociable, articulate, positive, talkative and eager to converse with our fanbase and customers.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Overall: great time management skills, ability to multitask, intelligent, handles pressure.
- Culture fit: Careem is a start-up growing at a tremendous pace on a daily basis. The team and talent we recruit are highly energetic, ambitious, hardworking, reliable, kind and unique in their own characters.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.