Well Services Manager
United Energy Pakistan (UEP)
Job description / Role
• The Well Services Manager is the primary Point of Contact for the Well Services department
• The Well Services Manager performs planning, prioritization, and oversight of all Well Services activities including, but not limited to, rigless interventions, rig-based workovers, well integrity related maintenance and repairs, completion design & installation, stimulation activities and improvements & Sub-Surface relate surveillance activities.
• Will ensure that all Well Services contracts are properly managed for correct cost control
• Will ensure that all operational & engineering aspects of the Well Services department are safely and efficiently executed and within budget.
• Ensures all Well Services activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Well Integrity Management System (WIMS)
• Will co-chair any/all departmental meetings to ensure that all operations, regardless of the type, are fully risk-assessed and shall ensure that discussions related to the same are frequently held.
• Shall ensure that all subordinates have correctly performed their employee evaluations and training projections for the present and incoming year.
• Will ensure strict compliance with the HR headcount and onboarding budgets for the Well Services department as a whole.
• Will ensure that all contracts are relevant, and that sufficient budget remains to complete the near to mid-term Well Services activities as planned.
• Shall ensure that all Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annual and Annual reports for the Well Services department are submitted in a correct and timely manner
• Will ensure that both operations and engineering provide and update all relevant Well Services standards and procedures as per company’s initiatives and guidelines.
• Will chair quarterly Service Quality meetings with our primary contractors and ensure that all NPT and lesson’s learned initiatives are consistently updated and disseminated within the department.
• The Well Services Manager shall champion engineering and operational departmental cost reduction initiatives, working closely with service providers to ensure best value for work
• Candidate shall have a minimum of a Technical School Certificate, late-stage undergraduate progress or a Post-Secondary Engineering Degree
• Candidate will have considerable experience with the Microsoft Office platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook) and be adept at designing templates/documents based on the same.
• Is functional with OpenWells and 3rd Party Stimulation & Coiled Tubing monitoring & TFA software.
• Candidate must be fluent in the English language and able to speak & write accurately & effectively
• A minimum of 25 years of land-based Well Services & Completions related supervisory-level experience. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with an E & P operating company.
• Broad experience working in high-pressure and high-temperature (HPHT) Oil and Gas wells with excellent knowledge and awareness of all associated operational and HSSE concerns related to the same.
• Candidate is considered an industry expert with several of the following Well Services disciplines: Coiled Tubing, Well Testing, Slickline, Wireline, Filtration & Brines, Completions, Cement, Stimulation, Well Integrity and Fishing. Must have successfully completed training in multiple Well Services disciplines.
• Candidate is an HSSE leader with broad experience for all Well Services & Completions related activities.
• Very strong technical, operational and planning abilities coupled with sound decision-making skills.
• Must have broad and ample experience working in multicultural environments.
• Candidate is a self-motivated individual with very strong communication & interpersonal skills, able to lead operational teams of varying disciplines under stressful environmental and operational conditions.
• Candidate must have a valid IWCF Level-4 Drilling and/or Well Intervention Well Control Certificate completed using API units of measure. Candidate is functional with both Metric & API units of measure
About the Company
United Energy Pakistan (UEP) is Pakistan’s leading foreign exploration and production company. UEP is a subsidiary of the United Energy Group (UEG), an international energy company. UEG is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and has operations in Pakistan, Iraq and Egypt.
UEP’s history dates back more than four decades, and the business has witnessed a change in ownership a number of times from UTP to ARCO and subsequently BP. In 2011, UEG acquired control of this asset from BP, ushering in a new era of growth for the company. Backed by UEG’s technical and financial support, UEP has emerged as the leading foreign producer and investor in Pakistan’s upstream oil and gas sector.
UEP’s parent company has also invested in the renewable energy sector. UEPW owns and operates a 99 MW wind energy project in the Jhimpir wind corridor of the Sindh province.