Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for an experienced 2nd Engineer (watch) to join a fantastic team on an industry leading vessel.
• Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer assisting in the watch composition in abnormal conditions as identified by the Master e.g. restricted visibility, ice zone, high traffic density, maneuvering, etc.
• Deploy and maintain an accurate and up-to-date Engine Log Book
• Lubricating oil purifiers.
• Engine Room sprinkler system.
• Provide and maintain equipment inventory.
• Oversee planned maintenance is conducted and documented..
• Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
• 3+ years’ experience on a commercial vessel
• Second Engineers Unlimited
• STCW certificates
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Valid passport
• Eligibility to be issued a United States C1/D Visa (Not applicable for US and Canadian citizens)
• Computer literate
• Fluency in English, both conversational with technical Outstanding communication skills
• A commitment to completing at least two four-month contracts within a twelve-month period
If you are interested in this role please apply directly below using your updated CV and I will get back to you shortly.
About the Company
We get people!
Red Chair Recruitment is a boutique recruitment agency that has been born out of passion for providing personalised solutions for all your resourcing needs.
We have offices in Cork, Dublin, Kerry and London.