Job description / Role
Our client is looking for a Commercial Director to work in a the construction of a new children’s hospital in Dublin.
The project co-located with a major adult hospital on the St James’s Hospital campus in Dublin 8 is a key commitment in Project 2040 and the largest project within the Government’s Capital Plan.
The new hospital will deliver tertiary acute services to children from all over Ireland and secondary acute services to children from the Greater Dublin Area. It will play a central role in the provision of excellent paediatric healthcare services throughout Ireland and will be the primary centre for paediatric education, training and research in Ireland.
The construction of the NCH is well progressed with below-grounds works complete and the frame and façade expected to be complete by end of 2020. Fit-out of some section of the building with M&E services has commenced.
The Commercial Director will report to the CEO.
Key Performance Criteria related to the role are:
- To lead in a proactive manner the overseeing of the two construction Contracts to achieve satisfactory outcomes in terms of risks and finances.
- To ensure effective financial planning on the project, in particular, the ability to operate within budget.
- To assist in achieving the objective of building of the new national children’s hospital to optimal design, on time and within budget.
- To liaise and work effectively with the Children’s Health Ireland as client and also with the HSE, the Department of Health and other key project stakeholders.
- To provide leadership, management, oversight and motivation for the commercial management team, the Design Team and other project team members.
Qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor MRICS with Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, or commercial / contract management or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10+ year’s post graduate experience and minimum 5 years in senior management position (minimum 4 years in a commercial manager’s role).
- Must have knowledge of procurement, contract management and contract administration.
- Has fulfilled the role of Commercial Manager on at least one project of similar size, scale and complexity to the NCH (Construction value > €30m).
- Must be computer literate (MS Office and other relevant IT packages).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to engage at all levels within the project team and with stakeholders.
- Must be able to work well in a team.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)