Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for an Pastry Sous chef to join one of our clients ready to set sail all over the globe.
• Specialize in Pastry and Bakery products served in a variety of dining venues onboard the ship.
• Engage in preparing, mixing baking, decorating and presenting of Company standard recipes
• Manage and coordinate activities of workstations.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a 4/5* environment.
• Culinary School degree (preferred).
• Advanced Pastry cooking methods such as Chocolate Tempering, Sugar Pulling & blowing, dough pinning & laminating and modelling skills.
• Must have knowledge of mixing techniques such as Flour Batter, Sugar Batter & blending methods.
• Strong management skills.
• Customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
• Needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and guest satisfaction evaluation techniques.
• Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Valid passport
• Eligibility to be issued a United States C1/D Visa (Not applicable for US and Canadian citizens)
• Computer literate
• Fluency in English, both conversational with technical Outstanding communication skills
• A commitment to completing at least two four-month contracts within a twelve-month period
About the Company
We get people!
Red Chair Recruitment is a boutique recruitment agency that has been born out of passion for providing personalised solutions for all your resourcing needs.
We have offices in Cork, Dublin, Kerry and London.