Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for an Sous chef to join one of our clients ready to set sail all over the globe.
• Work closely with the Assistant Food Manager to accomplish tasks related to equipment control and maintenance, Services and presentation and training and regulations training.
• Works with the Chef to establish work schedules for all Cooks.
• Ensure impeccable service and dining is maintained in all areas of the ship
• 3-5 years’ experience as a Sous Chef in 4/5* environment.
• Culinary School degree (preferred).
• Strong management skills.
• Customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
• Needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and guest satisfaction evaluation techniques.
• Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
• Intermediate computer software skills required.
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Valid passport
• Eligibility to be issued a United States C1/D Visa (Not applicable for US and Canadian citizens)
• Computer literate
• Fluency in English, both conversational with technical Outstanding communication skills
• A commitment to completing at least two four-month contracts within a twelve-month period
About the Company
We get people!
Red Chair Recruitment is a boutique recruitment agency that has been born out of passion for providing personalised solutions for all your resourcing needs.
We have offices in Cork, Dublin, Kerry and London.