Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for an Executive chef to join one of our clients ready to set sail all over the globe.
• Report directly to the Food & Beverage Manager/Director and Executive Chef regarding corporate Public Health policies
• Ensure that galley areas are operating in accordance with Company Operating Standards.
• Inspect onboard food storing and distribution facilities
• Assisting the Executive Chef on loading days with quality control, temperature spot checks and handling of food items received to the ship.
• Conducts extensive sanitation inspections in all F&B working areas, including, but not limited to the following functions onboard and at outer islands
• Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business administration or related science preferred.
• Experience conducting public health and environmental inspections in the hospitality industry and or onboard cruise ships.
• Knowledge of United States Public Health (USPH) regulations and the Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP) preferred
• HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points), UKPH (United Kingdom Public Health) certification, or other internationally recognized certification, a plus.
• Ability to conduct training sessions at all levels; one-on-one or to large groups.
• Ability to effectively interact with vendors, consultants and regulatory agencies during inspection, audit and support visits.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Valid passport
• Eligibility to be issued a United States C1/D Visa (Not applicable for US and Canadian citizens)
• Computer literate
• Fluency in English, both conversational with technical Outstanding communication skills
• A commitment to completing at least two four-month contracts within a twelve-month period
About the Company
We get people!
Red Chair Recruitment is a boutique recruitment agency that has been born out of passion for providing personalised solutions for all your resourcing needs.
We have offices in Cork, Dublin, Kerry and London.