Job description / Role
Our client is a global leader in design, engineering and construction delivering high-tech facilities, plants and factories. With a history of more than 100 years, they have developed a special expertise in controlled and regulated environments. They serve the most technically demanding clients in growth markets such as semiconductors, life sciences, and data centers across the full spectrum of services from consulting and design to managing turnkey solutions. Operating in more than 20 countries, our client is uniquely positioned to support clients locally and globally.
• Preparation of measures and tender documentation for a variety of Engineering type projects.
• Experience in the quantification and cost management of large scale building services within the Electrical / Mechanical / Process / HVAC systems.
• Preparation of standard documentation using existing company procedures
• Ensure effective coordination and timely management of all tender related activity & tender responses
• Work with bidders on tenders communicating key timelines in respect of bid responses and ensure that all contributors have a clear understanding of the scope of their bid.
• Tender Analysis and reporting.
• Assisting with placing Recommend to Award and Contract.
• Preparation and analysis of Monthly Valuations.
• Preparation, measurement and analysis of Variations.
• Work with other contract disciplines such as Engineers, Architects and Project Managers.
• Assisting with Negotiations.
• Able to evidence skills and capabilities.
• Desire to become a professional member of the RICS or other recognised professional commercial management organisation.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
Desired Experience and Education
• 3-8 years’ experience in Electrical/ Mechanical / Process / HVAC systems.
• BSc in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject.
• Understanding of drawings, scope and cost drivers within a construction project.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and logical skills.
• Understanding of construction methodology and programme.
• A positive attitude and an ability to grow and develop role.
• Team Player.
• Senior Commercial Manager
• Other disciplines within organisation (Engineers, Architects, Project Managers, Programmers)
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering