Job description / Role
• Planning & Management of Project construction activities - both performed by sub-contractors or in direct hiring approach.
• Supervising multi-disciplinary construction works - to the contract requirements and project objectives.
• Previous experience within Oil and Gas / Petrochem - with major projects, providing guidelines for the definition of construction execution plans and strategies
• Ensure time, cost, quality, safety targets are met.
• Ensure adequate support to project management team in defining, monitoring and updating project execution plans
• Participate in overall project planning & scheduling for construction activities, with the support and expertise of construction organization key positions
• Give technical support to project management to evaluate any variation request
• Ensure the achievement of the established construction milestones, including medical completion objectives
• Manage the interfaces with the client for all matters relevant to construction activities
• Continuous monitoring of construction efficiencies and productivity factors
• Manage & set objects, and ensure all work is conducted within the safety regulations set out.
• Strong knowledge of contractual documents
• Pref. min. 10 years Construction Management / Project Management experience within major projects within petrochem/oil and gas fields.
• Proficient in English
• Initial 6 month period in Italy - thereafter SAUDI
About the Company
MECS Africa is a service-oriented business that focuses exclusively on manpower management, offering an effective, relevant human resources (HR) solution to a diverse client base. With more than 33 years experience in recruitment and project support across Africa, we have the knowledge and expertise to fully address the demands of manpower management in the mining, engineering, construction, offshore oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation and agricultural sectors.
Well assist clients in a way that strengthens both their permanent HR structures and project-based staffing requirements. This enhances business performance through the support and management of an atypical workforce and the provision of global best practice recruitment services.