Job description / Role
• Responsible for managing supervisors and their related staff to ensure effective deployment. Duties included are selection, performance evaluation and counseling, routine discipline and employee problem resolution.
• Oversee daily performance against established standards and schedules. Resolve workflow and processing technical issues.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Supply Chain, EHS, Quality, Engineering, Project Management, etc., to establish execute business strategies and objectives.
• Make Manufacturing personnel recommendations, as required, in the areas of staffing needs, wage recommendations and performance reviews.
• Ensure Manufacturing operations comply with all cGMP and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the facility is kept “inspection ready” at all times and people/material flow/cleaning and work zone concepts are maintained at all times.
• Interface with governmental agencies and client representatives as required by helping to facilitate audits and complete audit action plans.
• Ensure that supervisors and operators are trained and follow operating and cleaning standard operating procedures and any other applicable regulations.
• Ensuring batch records are completed Right First Time.
• Address process, equipment or utility problems in a timely comprehensive manner.
• Identify staffing needs and maintain staffing to the level needed to meet customer demand.
• Work with the Human Resources and training staff to encourage a highly motivated and skilled work force.
• Ensure manufacturing operations are appropriately supported to run the planned shift schedule/strategy.
• Define and enact necessary Corrective/Preventive Actions and countermeasures in response to internal, regulatory and customer audit requirements as well as deviation investigation. Meet regulatory and audit commitments on time.
• Track appropriate metrics and report as necessary to senior management and operations personnel to identify and drive performance improvements.
• Minimum of 25% shop floor presence is required to successfully support manufacturing and therefore meet expectations for this position.
• Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
• 19 days of paid time off annually
• Potential for career growth within an expanding team
• Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
The Candidate (Requirements):
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science or related technical field is required
• Minimum 5 years of supervisory or relevant management experience is required
• Candidates must be capable of creating and working within an operating plan framework and budget
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the equipment and processes used in the facility and within the pharmaceutical industry
• Must have a thorough knowledge of cGMP, FDA and DEA guidelines and how to apply them effectively
• Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of Solid Dosage manufacturing
• Excellent computer skills
• Able to manage priorities and projects prioritizing effectively
• Must communicate clearly, and lead people well
• Capability to work in a matrix organization
• Individual may be required sit and stand for extended periods
• Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently
• Shifts of 8 or 10 hours in duration
• Completion of administrative duties as indicated by position
• Data entry and use of computer user interface tools including mouse, keyboard and any other applicable instruments
• Sustained sitting at desk or workstation with use of phones, computers and any other office equipment required for specified position
• Static stance/standing as required
• Lifting and operating in an office environment
• Infrequent lifting overhead reaching less than or equal to 15 lbs. with the ability to potentially be able to lift up to 25 lbs
• Must follow any applicable plant safety requirements
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.