Job description / Role
• Knowledge and experience with telecommunication technologies used by utilities such as WAN protocols – SONET, MPLS, MPLS-TP, Carrier Ethernet, NG-OTN
• Knowledge and experience with IP Networking and routing (IPv4 and IPv6)
• Knowledge and experience with network performance testing techniques and tools
• Knowledge and experience with IT and OT networks, and IT/OT convergence
• Knowledge and experience with Linux, shell scripting, programming in C, C+, Python and other languages
• Knowledge and experience with SCADA protocols such as Modbus, DNP3, and IEC 61850
• Familiarity with wireless standards such as 802.11, 802.15.4, and LTE and their related security architecture
• Familiarity with MPLS traffic engineering, multi-service networks, fast reroute
• Familiarity with designing and configuring routers, switches, multiplexers, firewalls, etc.
• Familiarity with security protocols – VPNs, IPSEC, VPLS, etc.
• Familiarity with Network Management, and Network Operation Center architecture and design
• Engagement with industry stakeholders such as standards bodies
• Familiarity with Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization
Attractive Salary Package
The Ideal Candidate:
• Have extensive experience in telecommunications and networking for the electric power industry
• Have ability to design and implement software on embedded systems for testing and analytics
• Be well connected and recognized within this community of utility and vendor personnel
• Have technical expertise in telecommunication systems and equipment, both with the installed base as well as new and emerging technologies
• Have familiarity with utility telecommunications systems and practices, especially for emergency and recovery operations
• Be able to understand communication and networking standards in depth
• Able to write software to implement protocols and develop test plans and scripts for telecom systems.
• Have knowledge of international standards for telecom
• Have impeccable communication, writing and presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate complex science and technical issues in a way that can influence both the technical community and the business leaders in the Electricity Sector.
• Demonstrates project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Education Level and Years of Experience:
• BS in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent experience required MS or PhD preferred
• 5+ years of experience in the related field is required. 10+ years preferred
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.