Job description / Role
Regional Sales Manager - West Africa
Our Client is a world leader in two niche markets, beverage logistics and logistics of bulk liquids in flexitanks. They have a strong international footprint with 58 offices around the world, and an entrepreneur spirit which leads us today to look for a passionate and driven Regional Sales Manager for the West Africa region.
Decentralised, human and connected, our group welcomes self motivated, team playing and multi cultural people to join our existing team of 2500 around the globe.
Vision of the role:
• Manage, orchestrate and grow an existing team of local sales resources based in 5 different countries in West Africa
• Build close and strategic relationship with identified categories of customers and service providers
• Elaborate and execute sales strategy plan in 5 priority countries and achieve targets
• Participate to setting up a regional office
• Manage the sales team to deliver the best results
• Motivate, train and visit sales implants on a regular basis
• Lead team members to elaborate and execute Sales Action Plans
• Evaluate and deploy the right talents
• Ensure company values and company culture are embraced by the team
• Ensure high level of integrity by all team members
• Relationship with identified categories of customers and service providers
• Manage good relationship at higher level within shipping lines and some target customers in the 5 countries
• Open doors to some important players in the beverage and bulk market by using group synergy
• Provide ad-hoc reports and presentations for customers and shipping lines
• Elaborate and execute Sales Strategy in 5 countries
• Plan sales strategy in 5 key countries, yearly and 4 years ahead
• Make sure reliable statistics and market intelligence are gathered for this cluster to support strategy
• Review results with regional manager on monthly and quarterly basis against plan
• Adjust when necessary according to market situations
• Participate to set up of a regional office
• Support Regional Manager by liaising with local partners for administrative issues (lawyers, accountants, banks) when need be
• Prior experience successfully doing sales in West Africa
• Exposure to the shipping or forwarding industry a plus
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results
• Strong leadership and management skills, ability to attract and keep talents
• Capability to manage two brands with equal attention
• Mobile and flexible (50% travel time)
• Completely bilingual French / English
This person would report to the West Africa Regional Manager based in Europe.
The position would be based in Abidjan or Accra.
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 30 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.