Job description / Role
• Routing calls to technical specialists.
• Maintain policies and procedures for specific emergency response, continuity planning and disaster recovery operations.
• Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the technology used in supporting the EOC and response procedures.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions regarding operational procedures in an emergency operations center environment and carry out tasks with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform all duties in a tactful and professional manner during high stress emergency situations; clear communication and technical writing skills, proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft applications suite and web-based application environments.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage information between multiple organizations over numerous communications vectors such as phone lines, software interfaces and web-based tools during emergency operations.
• Must be able to combine communication and problem solving skills when dealing with representatives from various organizations and information sources during emergent and non-emergent conditions.
Attractive Salary Package
• High School diploma with 3+ years’ experience, with at least 1 year experience from an Emergency Operations Center or Command Post Environment
• Must have an active SECRET Clearance with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET
• Must have ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to work independently, research, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• The ability to work under tight deadlines is required
• Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks appropriately, on time and to a high standard in a high-pressure environment
• Demonstrates strong initiative self-motivation, and commitment to the job Experience in a technical call center or crisis management center
• Ability to quickly learn and assimilate specific customized software tools and products in support of the emergency operations center, including the following categories of tools: Geographical Information System (GIS), Video camera displays, Emergency notification systems, Device-specific displays, Atmospheric plume models and displays, Building architectural displays
• Experience with decision support and network management software NIMS ICS300 & ICS400 certifications (desired)
• Experience in related fields that include Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery (desired)
• Past military experience with a background in Chemical, Biological and Radiological monitoring or civilian emergency
• Certification for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) (desired)
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.