Job description / Role
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Contributing to the development of proposals, statements of work, contract addenda, and scope changes; may include presenting proposals to clients and negotiating the final deliverables and costs.
Identifying engagement goals and objectives leading the client and internal teams ensuring any risks to deliverable are property managed.
Communicating desired outcomes, and advocating for the client and managing expectations.
Creating and maintaining project schedules, monitoring scope changes, securing necessary approval and implementing change orders.
Communicating the status of project deliverables to clients in a timely and effective manner.
Administering the project including scheduling meetings, developing agendas, and project documentation, coordinating internal project meetings, ensuring timely delivery, and managing resources.
Managing and mentoring staff, providing feedback and professional development in a timely and effective manner; hiring and terminating staff as appropriate.
Contributing to Alta’s internal Professional Development programs by developing and presenting material.
May include oversight of daily office administrative functions for a local office.
Attractive Salary Package
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning or a related field of study.
• Five (5) or more of experience in a consulting environment or public entity; three (3) or more years as a Project Manager; three (3) or more years managing staff.
• Experience and interest in the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
• Demonstrated understanding of the planning process and a general understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques.
• Ability to guide staff members and manage internal team expectations.
• Exhibits strong initiative and ability to capitalize on opportunities to enhance Alta’s position in the marketplace.
• Ability to manage competing priorities, and multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
• Strong initiative and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, ESRI Arc GIS, or similar products.
PREFERRED SKILLS + CERTIFICATIONS
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
• Master’s degree in Urban Planning or a related field of study.
• Experience managing large projects for both private and public clients.
• Experience writing and/or presenting white papers and/or providing expert level presentations at conferences and other events promoting the field of sustainable infrastructure and active, non-motorized transportation.
• Experience using Deltek Vision.
• Experience using Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst.
• Active participation in industry-relevant professional associations and committees.
• AICP Certification.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.