Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Operating Unit Overview
Our Accounting Advisory team currently has exciting opportunities within its KSA based team. Our team provides complex accounting and reporting advice on a variety of projects and transactions to a variety of clients across government related entities, corporates and family businesses.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated accountant with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects, a strong technical knowledge and a commercially rounded mindset, and an ability to work in a demanding project and transaction environment.
- Good task management skills to work on potentially multiple projects at the same time;
- Strong technical accounting skills but also apply them in a commercial context and be able to provide practical and commercial accounting advice to clients that address their objectives;
- Solid knowledge of IFRS and be able to conduct in depth research on complex matters, prepare technical papers for discussion with senior team members and apply critical thinking;
- Documentation maintenance (Save it! workspace) for filing and ECR preparation;
- Review format, design and overall quality of deliverables;
- Data analytics, opening balance sheet data review and cleansing, formatting and cross checking.
- You will be based in Jordan, supporting projects in the GCC region remotely.
- 3 - 5 years of audit or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm. Any accounting advisory experience is beneficial. Similarly, any experience in the GCC would be beneficial;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles;
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.