Job description / Role
We are looking for an Applied scientist to be based in Amman, Jordan with the skills to solve complex problems using machine learning and data science. As an Applied scientist, you will provide machine learning expertise that helps accelerate the business. You will build various data and machine learning models that help us innovate in different ways to enhance customer experience. You will need to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative data and machine learning solutions to accelerate our business.
- Create experiments and prototype implementations of new learning algorithms and prediction techniques.
- Collaborate with applied scientists, engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to design and implement software solutions for science problems.
- Use machine learning best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables.
- Master's degree (or equivalent experience) in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related quantitative field.
- Proficiency in machine learning model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications.
- Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Ability to convey mathematical concepts to non-experts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
- 1+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment.
- 1+ years hands-on experience programming in Python, R, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages.
- Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
- Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.