Job description / Role
Our Finance team is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm. We are looking to optimize and expand the finance team and ensure innovative solutions are being consistently applied across E&Y with strong functional capabilities, industry leading technology and a varied range of knowledge. As an Assistant Accountant, you will work collaboratively managing a detailed budgeting process have a responsibility for accounts payable ledger to include the processing of all vendor invoices received and subsequent settlement in accordance with vendor payment cycle.
In this exciting role your primary job responsibility is to help support an expanding finance team, we're looking for fresh graduates with an accounting degree with a passion for finance whether you love managing big numbers or providing in depth analysis to generating management reports, we have a role for you. Whichever you choose, you can expect to work in a truly leading-edge environment, surrounded by some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the business.
Your key responsibilities
You're likely to spend most of your time assisting the business with financial support and sharing and maintaining accuracy of information that will improve business performance.
Skills and attributes for success
- Maintaining your reputation as an authoritative expert by keeping abreast of industry developments, practices and trends
- Preparing cheques, invoices, payment vouchers, receipts for collections
- Scrutinize the invoices received for payment processing
- Verifying details of invoice with contracts and procurement tool. Identify charge codes and GL's to book the invoices
- Ensure proper data entry of invoice credentials in GFIS and in local data base
- Ensure accuracy in vendor selection and maintain a crisp and lean list of vendors
- Work closely with management in completing and submitting the periodic payment requisition.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Accounting degree
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Advanced MS Office knowledge
- A relevant accountancy qualification
Ideally, you'll also have
- Commitment to developing your role and improving business processes
- A can-do attitude within an ever changing and fast paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Customer focused and responsive
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What working for EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
- Exposure to some of the greatest colleagues and clients in the industry
- Support, feedback and coaching in a culture that values operational excellence
- Career potential to grow both within the MENA region and globally
- A culture that will encourage you to grow you skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.