Job description / Role
Assistant Accountant, Senior Associate - Amman
Our Finance team is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm. We are looking to optimize and expand the finance team and ensure innovative solutions are being consistently applied across E&Y with strong functional capabilities, industry leading technology and a varied range of knowledge. As an Office Accountant, you will work collaboratively managing a detailed budgeting process have a particular responsibility for accounts payable ledger to include the processing of all vendor invoices received and subsequent settlement in accordance with vendor payment cycle.
In this exciting role your primary job responsibility is to help support an expanding finance team, we’re looking for people with a passion for finance with experience working within accountancy or internal finance. Whether you love managing big numbers or providing in depth analysis to generating management reports, we have a role for you. Whichever you choose, you can expect to work in a truly leading-edge environment, surrounded by some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the business.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to spend most of your time assisting the business with financial support and sharing and maintaining accuracy of information that will improve business performance.
Skills and attributes for success
• Maintaining your reputation as an authoritative expert by keeping abreast of industry developments, practices and trends
• Preparing cheques, invoices, payment vouchers, receipts for collections
• Scrutinize the invoices received for payment processing
• Verifying details of invoice with contracts and procurement tool. Identify charge codes and GL’s to book the invoices
• Ensure proper data entry of invoice credentials in GFIS and in local data base
• Ensure accuracy in vendor selection and maintain a crisp and lean list of vendors
• Work closely with management in completing and submitting the periodic payment requisition
To qualify for the role you must have
• Relevant financial experience from an accountancy or internal finance function
• Proven analytical skills with strong attention to accuracy and detail
• Advanced MS Office knowledge with a particular interest in producing high level data using MS Excel
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate financial information across a wide range of users including senior internal stake holders
• A relevant accountancy qualification or actively looking to becoming fully qualified
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Commitment to developing your role and improving business processes
• Technical skills with a financial control background
• A can do attitude within an ever changing and fast paced environment
• Excellent time management skills
• Customer focused and responsive
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What working for EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
• Exposure to some of the greatest colleagues and clients in the industry
• Support, feedback and coaching in a culture that values operational excellence
• Career potential to grow both within the MENA region and globally
• A culture that will encourage you to grow you skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region