Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Business Unit Overview
The adoption of digital technology is driving organisational change at an unparalleled rate. This change creates risk and trust has become essential for organisations to thrive in tomorrow's digital world. Our people combine digital, risk and technology expertise to help organisations build and maintain that trust.
Due to the rapid growth of our team, we currently have opportunities for an ambitious and highly motivated Development Manager with a proven track record of high quality delivery of web application projects and managing a team of web developers. Someone with the right blend of hands-on data experience and an eye for innovation to help us build out our client offerings which we can bring to market.
As a Development Manager you'll manage a team of web developers and work with a wider team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience to deliver technology solutions to digitise PwC's client service offerings. You'll be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for delivering our vision and transform the way we operate and the way we bring our services to market. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing the core development team on a day to day basis, you will deliver new functionality and enhancements for our suite of business applications.
- Assigning development tasks to the development team and tracking the progress of these tasks.
- Estimating the amount of effort and time required to develop key functionality and enhancements to our applications.
- Managing multiple technology projects at once.
- Designing technical solutions to business problems in line with existing application architecture and constraints as well as leading the development of new applications and solutions.
- Capturing business requirements and translating them into technical requirements documents and specifications.
- Overseeing the development of modules and functionality and ensuring that they meet the business needs.
- Conducting regular code reviews for quality and security.
- Working collaboratively with the developers and other senior business stakeholders.
- Working with our internal IT teams where required to resolve infrastructure or network issues which may impact our applications.
- Coordinating unit testing with business teams
- Working with business teams to investigate bugs and design fixes to those bugs.
- Overseeing code releases to testing and production environments.
- Administering the development, testing and production environments, Azure virtual machines, Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server and any other applicable packages or software.
- Putting forward ideas on how to innovate the development cycle, such as ways to work more efficiently or deliver functionality and fix issues in less time without compromising either the functionality specification or the quality of the application.
- Coaching and appraising the junior members of the team.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject areas such as computer science or mathematics.
- Years of Experience : 3-5 years of relevant experience as a web developer.
- In-depth understanding of web development using ASP.net (C#) MVC.
- Strong knowledge of relational database design in MS SQL Server and proficiency writing queries in SQL.
- Strong knowledge of HTML 5 + CSS3.
- Experience delivering web application projects as part of a team, including the use of version control software such as MS TFS or Git.
- Strong knowledge and experience using MS Azure.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience working with software development methodologies such as Agile or Waterfall.
- Knowledge and experience configuring IIS, Windows Server and SQL Server environments is preferable.
- The ability to translate business requirements into a technical solution.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.