Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Risk and Security Controls practice, within Information Technology Risk Assurance services, will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies. We assist clients in understanding and challenging their current risk profiles and develop strategies to build digital confidence by embracing opportunities to stay competitive through building trust and resilience into their technology systems. We cover a wide range of disciplines, including risk evaluation, operational and strategic Information Technology processes, project governance, application implementation, data integrity, cyber security, and accounting/audit.
Our team helps organisations analyse and assess the security environment and application of our client's information technology systems. You'll help develop strategies to increase the reliability of system outputs, enhancing systems security and integrity, and developing strategies for ongoing maintenance.
Senior Associate Responsibilities
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
You will work with some of the most highly regarded clients in the region and help them to extract value and insight from their data. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of data projects across a range of sectors and across the Middle East region. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network. As a Senior Associate your responsibilities will include:
- The execution and delivery of data engagements from requirements gathering and solution design through to delivery.
- Using a range of business intelligence tools and techniques to uncover insight and value.
- Presenting findings and deliverables to senior stakeholders in written reports, presentations and interactive dashboards.
- Identifying opportunities to help our clients using data and analytics.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team in data management techniques and methodologies.
- Being an active member of the team on client-facing project work, being self-starting and motivated to produce the required high standard of deliverables
- Establishing credibility both internally and externally through your knowledge, approach, and professionalism
- Assisting business development activities through working on bids and proposal responses
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as computer science, data analytics or mathematics
Years of Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in data management and governance preferably within a professional services environment.
- In-depth understanding of at least one business intelligence tool such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, D3 or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the delivery of data management projects including data governance, data quality, data transformation, data analysis and data protection.
- Strong knowledge of database and ETL technologies and proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- The ability to capture business requirements and translate them into a technical solution.
- Project management skills in relation to data management projects, including developing project plans, budgets and deliverables schedules.
- Experience working in data privacy and protection (e.g. GDPR) is attractive but not essential.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.