Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in Learning and Development, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the PwC experience. You'll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across traditional and virtual classroom environments, and consult with other areas of the Firm to ensure our curriculums and initiatives support the PwC strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities
Logistics and Reports
- Consolidate feedback from evaluations and produce relevant reports accordingly.
- Split the consolidated evaluation reports and send the evaluation reports to each instructor.
- Prepare summaries of tutor evaluations, with key recommendations for next season.
- Coordinate all details related to enrollment courses: full ownership of attendee list, printing, updating materials etc.
- Coordinate and plan all training programs logistics, catering, and room set-up.
- Act as hotel/conference room liaison and provide onsite support at internal & external training events.
- Create and update completion reports and maintain defaulters' sheets accordingly.
- Generate reports related to training records
- Review and control data needed for analysis, budgets, and forecasting.
- Assist in creating new budgets where needed.
- Prepare appropriate forms, correspondence, and records regarding course attendance, feedback on
- programs, instructors, etc.
- Document processes and procedures to streamline course coordination for consistency.
- Coordinate the participation of instructors for programs when necessary.
- Coordinate material production and inventory for assigned courses.
- Prepare and send advance material packages to participants.
- Track distribution of materials where appropriate.
- Manage WebEx sessions.
- Plan for training seasons and track the progress of action plan implementation.
- Issue warning letters for all defaulters who failed to complete mandatory trainings and send them by email.
- Allocate costs of the trainings conducted in hotels and split the expenses on attendees' cost centers.
- Manage and review all Professional Qualifications membership applications and data for students and ensure alignment with LoS PQ policy.
Learning & Growth
- Support improvements in the L&D department, specifically the increased delivery of standardised services.
- Look for areas of continuous improvement across the Learning & Development function.
- Promote collaboration, trust and improvement between team members and across the team.
- Work on specific projects related to L&D initiatives as assigned.
- Demonstrate a culture of continuous learning within the Learning & Development team and benchmark
- against best practices in the L&D industry and country specific
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management is preferred
- Years of Experience: 1-3 years, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes such as excel, word, PowerPoint, Google Drive and Google tools.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual
- Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.