Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of our Capital Markets team, we currently have opportunities for an ambitious and highly motivated Manager with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Managers with experience of working on Capital Market projects and in accounting (ACA preferred). Key areas required in the experience are IPO readiness, IPO reporting accountant work including experience of working capital and FPP report in London context, US IPO experience (optional) and comfort letter work on 144A / EMTN programmes supplemented by any IFRS related accounting advisory and audit experience.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, team management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed design documentation.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in Capital Markets regulations, global IPOs, regional GCC IPOs and other related capital markets developments and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the capital markets area including a thorough understanding of UK IPO comfort letter process, European bond related comfort letter process, US comfort letter process and UK IPO reporting accountant diligence process. It will be added advantage if the candidate is aware of reporting accountant requirements for listings in the GCC region.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate;
- Working with PwC teams in the UK and Europe on capital market transactions involving those jurisdictions.
- As a Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Capital Markets team within our Capital Market's Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of capital market projects across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting, Economics, Finance etc.
- The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA or ACCA or CPA.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working in Capital Markets team of an accounting firm such as big four supplemented by initial experience on accounting/auditing projects.
- Currently working as a Manager in an accounting firm's capital markets or equivalent team that deals with 144A/EMTN comfort letter work, IPO readiness and reporting accountant work involving reports such as working capital report .
- In-depth understanding of one or more of these regulations UK listing rules, European Prospectus Directive rules, SAS 72 rules , SEC rules, ICMA rules and the listing regulation of GCC markets.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes including excel, word, PowerPoint - demonstrate skill level from 1 to 10, with 10 being expert]
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English with strong emphasis on strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with leading legal counsel and international banks on various projects.
- The role is principally a UAE based role but the candidate should have the ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.