Job description / Role
Assurance - Risk Assurance - Experienced & Senior Associates - Amman
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
With offices in 155 countries and more than 284,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 6,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes nearly 1,600 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC's global network of over 91,000 assurance professionals operating from 157 countries worldwide. We've delivered audit and assurance services in the region for over 40 years. Our people are aligned to different industry teams, so our clients can be confident that they will receive advice which is tailored around the unique challenges and opportunities that they encounter.
Business Unit Overview
Organisations are constantly being exposed to new and evolving strategic, technical, talent and reputation risks, particularly in the Middle East region where they face significant geopolitical and macroeconomic challenges. To survive and thrive in this uncertainty, we understand that strong enterprise risk processes are crucial as these drive business controls. Instead of tackling Enterprise Risk and Business Controls in silos, we approach them as a whole to derive the most value from alignment and consistency.
Due to the rapid growth of our Business Controls Risk team, we currently have an opportunity for an ambitious and highly motivated experienced candidate. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the management and delivery of projects across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
What you'll create and do:
As a member of the Risk Assurance team, you will be working on managing projects in the fields of internal audit, governance, risk management, and compliance. This will entail client facing and engaging in discussions with executives and reporting the results. Therefore, you will be required to possess strong internal audit, governance, risk management, and compliance skills alongside project management.
- Your role will be to work with clients to deliver internal audit, governance, risk management, and compliance projects. This will entail identifying relevant risk, controls, processes and frameworks and recommend improvements in business processes and controls.
- Demonstrating extensive project management skills related to projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules.
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills, and keeping leadership informed of progress.
- Coaching and transferring knowledge to subordinates.
- Working on regional projects with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client audits and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Collaborating with the engagement leader and manager of teams for agreeing budgets, communication of results and their impact on the overall project and making contributions to the final reporting.
What you'll bring to this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (at minimum) from a recognised university, in the fields of accounting, finance, risk management, governance industrial engineer, or related discipline.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Any of the following professional qualifications is highly preferred to hold:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Chartered Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified GRC Professional (CGRCP)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- Any other relevant certifications
- Years of Experience: 1-4 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Strong English and Arabic communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability and willingness to travel frequently within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.