Job description / Role
• We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily.
• We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally.
• PayFort is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PayFort is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar. PayFort team also manages the complete payments requirement for Amazon in the MENA region.
Do you want to develop the next generation Payments products for MEA's fastest growing e-commerce company? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? If so, join us on Amazon MEA Payments Tech team. We are a group of talented technical professionals that are empowered and driven to build innovative world class experiences for millions of Amazon customers. The Amazon MEA Payments Tech team is responsible to build product and technology solutions to build great payments products and experiences using various technologies to solve complex problems related to distributed systems, scalable architecture, machine learning, and algorithms.
• As an SDE-T of this team, you will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. SDETs are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality.
• You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles.
• You are expected to possess superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure.
• You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 8+ years relevant work experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of software development and testing experience, with a strong background in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Keen analytical skills and excellent problem solving.
• Experience with TestNG or JUnit, and continuous integration tools like Hudson or Jenkins
• Expert level Java or C#, and experience with scripting languages.
• Expert in software quality and testing methodologies, test automation tools, schedulers and frameworks.
• Experience with testing methodologies for server class services, including latency and load testing, as well as designing and implementing test cases, running cases on distributed systems, and reporting on quality.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Practical knowledge of Agile Testing methodology
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners
• Design and build the automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles
• Utilize innovative test technologies to develop a product's testing strategy
• Participating in design and code inspections
• Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
• Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionality of services to as a prequel to automation
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.