Job description / Role
We enhance performance through creating risk-enabled organizations and help clients identify important risks, design frameworks to manage them and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management specific to Capital Projects. As a risk professional focusing on the construction industry, you will be addressing client issues and transformations relating to Enterprise Risk Management (covering both business and construction focused risk), Program Risk Management, process and controls design and effectiveness, and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) implementations. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills to enable you to lead our clients' transformations. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment.
Your key responsibilities
This is a role where no two days are the same - so you'll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You'll work alongside clients and colleagues, delivering our solutions and contributing to growing our business and developing our people. If you're flexible and ready to adapt to a constantly changing environment, there's no better place to develop your skills. Since you'll be working directly with clients, some travel will be required. Below are examples of expectations from your grade:
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Review construction project delivery and identify improvement opportunities
- Knowledgeable of the mechanisms behind delivering capital intensive mega projects
- Experienced in construction contract review
- Able Execute construction project reviews focusing on identifying key improvement opportunities for the client
- Conduct construction project delivery schedule assessments, claims assessment, cost / budget assessments.
- Advise on construction project delivery improvement areas and provide PMO support to clients to help deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Review construction processes and procedures and align with industry best practice.
- Review existing construction schedules, and identify key issues / delays
- Consistently deliver quality client services and manage expectations of client service delivery
- Monitor progress, manage risk, and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships and networks with clients and internal EY stakeholders
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge within the construction sector
- Possess in depth business acumen and demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge
- Remain current on new developments in consulting services capabilities and industry knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Leadership, teamwork, and client service skills
- Demonstrates integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Familiar with the mechanisms for delivering construction projects
- Worked on large capital-intensive construction projects
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's Civil engineering
- Master's in business administration or Project management is a plus
- Claim assessment / schedule development is a plus
- Previous experience working with an international PMC firm
- Experience working on large mega projects
- A minimum of 7-9 years of experience working as with a PMC firm or another big firm with focus on the construction industry
- Experience within the Real Estate, Hospitality and / or Construction sector
- Bilingual and proficient in both Arabic and English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint, P6
- Willingness to travel outside of their assigned office location as the need arises (specifically to KSA)
- Strong data analytical skills are required
- Professional certifications such as: six sigma, PMP,
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issue.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region