Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
The Business Resilience Senior Associate is part of the Business Resilience team and operates across all lines of service. The position is responsible for supporting the establishment and implementation of regional standards of business continuity, environment health and safety management in line with any regional regulatory control and ME PwC firm policy.
The role is focused on being able to acquire the knowledge then drive implementation on the ground, covering all the offices in the Middle East, and offsite locations where applicable.
The main duties of the Business Resilience Senior Associate is to ensure continual implementation and monitoring of the firm's business continuity and, health and safety management systems (BCMS and HSEMS). This covers compliance for all PwC ME firm offices as well as incident management/ business continuity plans and the health and safety procedures to ensure the safety of our visitors and third party contractors working in our offices.
- Adhere to the Business Resilience budget
- Coordinate with BR champions in each office to support them in the implementation of the recommended mitigation measures
- Ensure environment health and safety guidance for staff, office managers and contractors is maintained to ensure all parties receive appropriate information in an accurate and timely manner which will ensure the risks identified are managed
- Contribute to the wider management of Environment Health & Safety (EH&S) by: Supporting the Business Resilience Team in security and evacuation matters as necessary ; Leading or supporting projects or other initiatives ; The management of a health and safety assistants, setting objectives and work plans to support the EH&S function
- Support the maintenance of the firm's certifications in health and safety and business continuity
- Supports in the development and transformation of all Business Resilience policies, procedures, processes and controls
- Ensure that all business continuity and incident management plans are implemented
- Support the review of the Business Impact Analysis across the region, to identify if the business continuity strategies and plans are still appropriate, and where not update accordingly.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects related to HSE and Business Continuity
- Support the management and implementation of apps used by the Business Resilience Team
- As required, cover the travel security clearance process.
- Support the conduct of Health, safety and security audits of our offices
Learning & Growth
- Meets with relevant business stakeholders to ensure optimal support and relationship
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the R&Q team
- Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationship
- Act as a driver for technological improvement in the department
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience.
- Health and safety accreditation is a plus
- Business continuity accreditation is a plus
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
- 2-3 years of experience in a corporate environment
- Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Process oriented
- Organization skills
- Thoroughness and eye for detail
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong digital mindset
- Ethical conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.