Job description / Role
Objectives: Manages and supervises the creation of risk management framework for the Housing Bank group to ensure maintaining a safe business environment within all aspects of policies, procedures, business plans, operations and continuously spreads risk awareness among employees, and ensuring the compliance with regulatory units rules and legislations and international risk management standards in order to limit all the risk factors that the bank faces in alignment with the managements’ vision.
- Set goals & operational plan for the risk management group that aligns with the bank’s strategy and the board’s directions.
- Analyze the different risk factors that faces the bank to assist decision makers in providing strategies to reduce them.
- Increase corporate governance by managing risks effectively.
- Take the needed procedures to align with the Central Bank’s and Basel Committee regulations and creating new efficient tools to measure risks.
- Make sure the risk management plan is fully and well implemented, with creating new policies and procedures for the risk management group in ways that aligns with the control rules & international related standards.
- Manage the scope of the risk management group (credit risk, market & liquidity risk, operational risk, business continuity, cyber security, enterprise risk, and international branches & subsidiaries risk) with what aligns with the global rules and regulations such as Basel, ISO, COBIT, COSO IFRS9.
- Set, measure and evaluate all the potential risk factors that might face the bank and maintain it within the normal limits.
- Apply & observe risk management policies that reduces potential risks.
- Coordinate with different departments to make sure that the best practices are well set with what serves analyzing risks in a more effective way.
- Create and spread the risk awareness culture for all the administrative levels in the bank in order to create and maintain a clear understanding for the risks that the bank face.
- Develop different training programs that includes all the aspects of risk management based on the competencies gap.
- Develop and apply different succession & replacement projects for all the departments to ensure business continuity.
- Transfer risk knowledge and awareness to newly hired staff through training & workshops.
- Provide advices & suggestions to the executive management regarding the best risk management practices.
- Coordinate with the all the international branches and subsidiaries ‘control units regarding risk observation & control.
- Ensure that the proper procedures for determining and measuring all risk factors are set.
- Supervise the process of assessing all risk factors for the services & products provided by the bank to make sure it aligns with rules and regulations.
- Continuously seek to align with the internal audit and central bank audit recommendations.
- Continuously seek to observe all the approved limits to ensure they are in the regulated rates set by the higher management and the legislation units.
- Continuously Apply different risk measurement & Analysis tools and systems and ensure its efficiency.
- Ensure complying with the rules and restrictions of all the regulatory units inside and outside the bank.
- Supervise creating control reports regarding risk factors that faces the bank to the board committees, executive management and different departments.
- Supervise creating control reports regarding the actual /current Risk Profile and comparing it to the accepted risk levels (Risk Appetite) and find the deviances.
- Supervise creating & submitting needed reports for different legislation and control units.
- Reporting to: Directly Reports to the Board Risk Management Committee and managed by the CEO
- Duration: Permanent Position
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Subordinates: Credit Risk &Credit Classification, Cyber Security Risk & Information Security, Enterprise Risk, Operational Risk & Anti-Fraud, Market and liquidity Risk, Risk Unit Head – Palestine – Bahrain, Administrative Secretary
- Number required: 1
- Probation: 3 Month
- Working Hours: Sun-Thursday 8am-3:30pm
- Nationality Preference: Jordanian
- Current Location: Anywhere
- Language Fluency: Arabic, English
- Soft Skills and Personality traits: -Excellent Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Analytical Skills.
- Nature and length of previous experience: Minimum (14) years of experience in related banking and risk fields.
- Superior knowledge in all risk management aspects, internal control and best banking practices.
- Superior knowledge in the bank’s regulations, policies & procedures.
- Superior knowledge in the governmental rules and legislations regarding risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields – Preferably a Master’s Degree.
Other certifications obtained:
- Risk-Related professional certifications
About the Company
The Housing Bank for Trade and Finance (HBTF) was established in 1973 as a public shareholding limited company to provide housing finance.
After 24 years of operations, the bank started a new era, when it was converted to a comprehensive bank, providing full commercial and investment banking services. The bank’s capital was increased several times, and currently amount of JD(252) million the equivalent of USD(355).
Head of Retail Banking Sector
The Housing Bank for Trade & Finance (HBTF)
Head of Enterprise Risk - Corporate Strategy
|Saudi Arabia||1 Apr|
Head of Enterprise Risk - Corporate Strategy
Head of Risk