Job description / Role
The Commis is responsible of promptly preparing, cooking and serving all kinds of food items while ensuring full adherence to the set quality, hygiene and presentation standards.
- Check at the start of his shift that products needed for his service station are on hand according to set par level and place the order of the products from the internal store
- Take part in the opening and closing duties of the bakery in compliance with the norms and internal procedures and contribute in stocking and receiving goods when needed
- Receive food orders and prepare requested items and their display as per outlined recipes, HACCP standards, portion control practices, and items’ presentation guidelines
- Ensure sanitation of work station at all times during the shift by cleaning the fridge, shelves and counter, sharpening knives and cleaning utensils upon end of shift
- Check the shelf life of products, tag the production/expiry date on each product and communicate the wasted product figures
- Follow security/fire/safety procedures according to the set rules and regulations and report any incidents to hierarchy
- Maintain good product/food items knowledge to be able to answer any inquiries and to provide observations when needed
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- High School Degree is a plus
- 0-1 year of experience in F&B operations
- Fluency in English
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.