Job description / Role
Consulting - Finance - Business Unit Operations Associate - Jordan
Line of Service
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy.
- The Business Unit Finance Associate works as an integral part of both the Finance and BU teams. The role involves daily operations & processes related to the financial aspects of our engagements and business.
- Carry out financial administrative processes such as invoicing, job code creation, report creation and analysis.
- The right candidate will offer support for practice financials and account management in liaison with the BU's Partners, Directors and Business Unit Coordinator. Candidate must be comfortable working with numerous internal support departments on projects relating to our people, marketing & knowledge management.
- The successful candidate will report predominantly to the Business Unit Coordinator.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, with a range of key stakeholders.
- Your local Finance Manager will provide guidance regarding compliance with relevant territory policies and procedures.
- Actively share knowledge within own team and across BUs, and promote best practises in respect of the firm's business systems and processes. Provide training, coaching and support to other team members as needed.
- Work closely with teams across the business to ensure best practice.
- Provide a service directly to the BU, particularly in relation to adhering to internal and external compliance tasks and reporting any exceptions as necessary
- Work closely with peers and team members at all levels, sharing knowledge and providing support where needed.
- Understand the importance of, and processes behind, all compliance related tasks and execute accordingly,with high levels of attention to detail. Enter own time and expenses in accordance with firm's policy
Essential skills & attributes
- Has the competence to perform the role effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
- Affinity to work with quantitative data, good analytics
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Service-orientated attitude, proactive thinker, networker, information seeker, team player
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software eg Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Willingness and interest to frequently interact with and reach out to Partners, Directors and the team
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zone
Desirable skills / experience
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Background in finance, accounting or business studies fields preferred
- Experience in consulting preferred
- Understanding of the Firm's marketing and business development and the Firm's Service Offerings
- University Degree
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.