Country Finance Officer - Associate
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
The country finance support forms a key team within the OneFinance community for PwC ME.
The team is responsible for all day to day finance operations in country and for the smooth running of finance requirements for countries.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required.
Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily finance tasks arising locally in Iraq including country finance processing requirements
- Ensure all country finance matters are addressed and promptly responded to
- Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country Partners and Finance Manager
- Support the monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts
- Petty cash management, review and booking
- Bank and cash reconciliations
- Follow up with the SSC (AP, AR, ITC and Concur teams) and work closely with them
- Cash flow and cash management
- Work closely with the petty cash custodians to ensure applying PwC policies and to provide guidance
- Prepare annual statutory trial balances and financial statements for Iraq entities which also requires working with the regional statutory & local tax teams
- Budget preparation annually
- Review the operating statement Vs.
budget on a monthly basis and discuss it with the central finance lead and the regional finance team
- Fixed assets registration and depreciation, disposal.
- Monthly Prepayments and accruals
- Monthly deliverables review and reporting for the balance sheet accounts on legal entity level
- Review and reconcile all balance sheet accounts including the staff accounts
- Payroll preparation and payments including social security and PIT on entity and cost center level
- Bank Guarantees and certified cheques issuance and monthly review
- Handle all communications on behalf of the finance team of Iraq with the local and global sides including banks
- Respond to ad-hoc requests on a timely manner
Learning & Growth
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Iraqi GAAP experience is preferable
- College level education with a focus in Accounting and Finance
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic with excellent communication skills
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- In depth acknowledgment of financial operations and processes, including accounting, reporting and financial control activities
- Alteryx and Power BI experience is more preferable
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Good customer service skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship-
Government Clearance Required-
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.