Job description / Role
he Country HR Officer (CHRO) provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
• Develops and implements an organization-wide human resource strategy that aligns with the organization’s vision in a region or market zone and its current and long-term business objectives.
• Ensures all activities and programs related to human resources are implemented in accordance with the organization’s human resource strategy.
• These may include: recruitment; training; compensation/remuneration; benefits; performance evaluation; organizational development; relocation; equal employment/affirmative action; health, safety and wellness; human resources administration; human resource information systems; payroll; employee communications; employment/industrial/labour relations.
• Provides HR support to a major business unit by providing full generalist support.
• Partners with specialist HR teams, management of employee relations issues (either directly or in conjunction with the employee relations team), implementation of effective people management strategies and ensuring that firm policies and procedures are adhered to across the business area.
• Contributes to strategic planning and decision-making at the top executive level so the organization's human resource strategy is aligned with other business strategies.
• Resolves day to day complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes.
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• 5-8 years of experience
• Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
• This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
• Grade :All Job Level - All Job Functions
• All Job Level - All Job Functions - JO
Time Type :
• Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
• Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.
About the Company
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. Citi has been present in the Middle East and North Africa since 1955 and conducts business in 16 countries in MENA of which 12 have in-country presence. It offers full scale corporate and investment banking services in Egypt, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria and Pakistan and maintains a representative office in Iraq. Citi's institutional capabilities in the region include Treasury & Trade Solutions, Corporate & Investment Banking, Capital Markets Origination, Global Markets and Islamic Banking.
Present in the United Arab Emirates since 1964, when the bank opened its first branch in Dubai, Citi has been known ever since for delivering excellence while consistently bringing world-class banking products and services to the local market. Citibank, the consumer banking arm of Citi, is currently a major player in the UAE's credit card market and a leading provider of Wealth Management and Consumer Credit services. Citibank's branch network in the UAE includes and a network of 60 ATMS located at various commercial centers across the UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||8 Feb|
Human Resources Manager
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
HR Business Partner
Head of HR
HR Operations Manager - Arabic Speaking