Job description / Role
Souq is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
• Deliver first-level support to customers, in line with Souq brand values and defined SLAs, in order to successfully resolve customer issues/ complaints.
• Provide comprehensive and knowledgeable information and service to customers regarding retail and market place products and services in order to maintain positive customer satisfaction levels.
• Communicate with customers clearly, with a high-level of proficiency in customer-handling in order to positively present the Souq brand and its products and services.
• Be customer service-minded and focus on solution providing.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
• Provide comprehensive solutions.
• Be self-motivated and take initiative.
• Ability to respond positively to working in a pressured environment.
• Work well with a team and be co-operative.
• Experience or education in technology or ecommerce or related areas would be a plus.
• Language proficiency in one or more of the following languages - English/Arabic.
• Keyboard proficiency and MS Office/PC skills.
• Be flexible and adjust to changing business needs and environment.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.