Job description / Role
IFS - IT - Data Quality & Governance Lead - Manager (12 Months Fixed Term) - Jordan
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Enterprise Data Analytics practice will provide you with the opportunity to help organizations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics.
We focus on a collection of organizational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organizations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You'll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
Our team helps clients navigate various analytics applications to get the most value out of their technology investment and foster confidence in their business intelligence. As part of our team, you'll help our clients implement enterprise content and data management applications that improve operational effectiveness and provide impactful data analytics and insights.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively champions the value of useful information as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the organization, guidance, and oversight for establishing and maintaining principles, role definitions, responsibilities, standards, procedures and accountability for information
- Owns and drives various mass data cleansing projects that would involve correcting inaccurate data, filling missing data, merging duplicates and building account hierarchy relationships.
- Actively seeks new technologies to streamline and automate manual data management processes; reviews current technology solutions and makes recommendations based on fit with the organization & strategic vision.
- Leads development and execution of multi-year business plans that address current and emerging information demands, collaborating with other capability owners to drive maturity.
- Engages with cross functional business stakeholders to establish adoption of data governance definitions, policies and procedures to ensure continual alignment around the development, maintenance, access, use, security, retention and retirement of information (data) assets.
- Defines and implements a collaborative approach for proactive monitoring, detecting, assessing and cleansing data quality issues to ensure fitness for intended uses and sustained quality.
- Builds the strategy, develops the roadmap, and manages the backlog and end-user support for the application platforms for data governance, data quality monitoring, and master data management capabilities.
- Monitors the cost of collecting, managing, and sharing data while increasing the value of the data to the organization.
- Ensures benefits realization and lessons learned are documented and embedded into subsequent planning cycles and activities.
- Develops, designs and implements metrics/dashboard reporting for key management initiatives
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts, and engineers in requirements gathering and reviews.
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information and technical requirements into a strategy that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in information lifecycle management including experience with data governance, data quality, master data management and business intelligence
- 4+ years management experience
- Ability to assemble, analyze, and evaluate data and to be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to the business stakeholders and project team
- Strong leader who can work with multiple stakeholders, develop and execute information strategy while being able to manage day-to-day tactical activities
- Experience with Data Quality Tools (E.g. Informatica).
- Experience with Microsoft BI and other business intelligence tools. Experience with MDM and PIM solutions Skilled in being a strong team player, i. e.; flexible, collegial, and enthusiastic
- Experience with implementation of global master data projects
- Experience with data analysis tools and data lineage/metadata tools
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments; ability to effectively execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.