Job description / Role
Are you interested in building the next-generation shopping platform in Middle East? We are disrupting the local shopping experience and looking for talented Data scientist to design and build machine learning solutions.
We are looking for Data scientist to be based in Amman, Jordan with 3+ years of solid experience in solving complex problems using machine learning and data science. As a data scientist, you will provide machine learning expertise that helps accelerate the business. You will build various data and machine learning models that help us innovate different ways to enhance customer experience. You will need to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality. Responsibilities include:
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative data and machine learning solutions to accelerate our business.
· Create experiments and prototype implementations of new learning algorithms and prediction techniques
· Collaborate with scientists, engineers, product managers, and stockholders to design and implement software solutions for science problems
· Use machine learning best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
· B.Sc. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis.
· 1+ years of experience with building, iterating and validating machine learning models in R or Python.
· Proficiency in data processing and visualization.
· MS. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
· Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, or similar.
· 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment.
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.