Deals, Financial Crime - Senior Consultant - Financial Services
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Financial Crime - Senior Consultant - Financial Services - Amman, Jordan
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 6,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Business Unit Overview
The Financial Crime team provides a range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including AML/CFT/Sanctions compliance, FinCrime technology and Fraud prevention helping our clients in fincrime risk appetite definition, framework development, AML reviews, and systems alignment and improvement.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive, and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
- Supporting the engagement teams on projects relating to anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, sanctions and fraud risk management.
- Advising clients on appropriate financial crime risk, compliance against regulatory requirements and governance frameworks.
- Delivering crucial business insights to clients through written reports and data visualisations.
- Developing strategies to assist our clients in adapting to legal, regulatory and industry changes.
- Delivery of proposals and presentations to prospective and current clients. Developing relationships built upon trust with senior stakeholders and executives.
- Willingness to be based in Amman, Jordan.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Technology, or other related major required. ACAMS certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Years of Experience: 3 - 6 years of experience in the Financial Services field and preferably in Compliance or Financial Crime.
- Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus, particularly towards the latter part of the career.
- Excellent organizational skills, and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Language Skills: Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, charts, etc.).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Have a mindset to anticipate client needs, as well as identify new opportunities to support our clients in executing their strategies.
- You're collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative environment.
- You're a problem solver by nature and want to join a firm that values the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and stakeholders.
- Most importantly, you act with integrity and show care for the people you work with.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.