Job description / Role
Deals - Infrastructure Finance Director - Jordan
Job Description & Summary
Our Deals team helps organisations execute successful deals and create value through mergers, acquisitions, disposals and restructuring. We work with our clients to develop the right strategy before the deal, identify issues and points of negotiation and value and implement change to deliver synergies and improvements after the deal.
The Deals practice is looking to bring onboard an experienced Director to work closely with the leadership, and work across a range of Deals lead financial advisory assignments from PPP, privatisation, joint venture & alliances, and divestments.
PwC has built a team of infrastructure, real estate and capital projects experts, located in the Middle East, who are able to help clients resolve issues and deploy global best practice at all stages in the lifecycle of major projects and programmes. Our team combines real industry expertise with deep subject matter knowledge.
PwC is looking to build a dedicated Infrastructure team based on Jordan. This initial focus will be to support the KSA based team and market opportunities there, however, the Jordan team may be required to work on deals across the whole MENA region.
It is envisaged that the Jordan team will have representation of all the grades from Director to Consultant and be able to undertake and deliver full work packages independently as well as supporting the team on specific tasks.
The Director will be key to the success of this team and must be able to demonstrate excellent management abilities related to the establishment and growing of the Jordan team as well as being able to manage and lead teams remotely.
- Work closely with the partners in charge of origination activities including sector strategy and planning, client meetings, business screening, pre-pitching activities, preparation and presentation of proposals, and negotiation of mandate letters.
- Lead and manage and recruit members of the Infrastructure team in Jordan.
- Responsible for the day to day execution of transactions throughout the life cycle from kick off meeting to financial close, which may involve managing team members based in different locations.
- Undertake and manage the necessary structuring, due diligence, documentation, financial modeling, and risk analysis and mitigation.
- Ensure that the work delivered is of the highest standards that meet or exceed the client expectations.
- Train, coach, and develop junior and mid level team members.
- Work across the Deals practice supporting other activities such as due diligence, valuations and business restructurings as a Healthcare industry expert.
- Master's degree or equivalent in finance, business administration or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years of direct and relevant lead financial advisory experience that could have been gained with an advisory firm, advisory bank, developer, or procuring authority.
- Established track record in project finance, infrastructure finance, and/or PPPs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the project financing industry.
- Based in Jordan with the ability to travel and spend significant time on the ground in other MENA countries, in particular Saudi Arabia.
- Strong structuring capabilities with detailed knowledge of risk analysis, due diligence, documentation, and financial modeling.
- Detailed knowledge of PPP procuring models and funding structures.
- Experience with procuring authorities and bidders for PPPs.
- Business maturity and ability to establish contacts and quality dialogue at senior level of the government and private sector clients.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.