Job description / Role
Financial Decisions and Analysis - Senior Associate (Amann)
Job Description & Summary
Financial Decisions and Analysis (FDnA) is one of our highest growth teams. We focus on the application of leading edge modelling and analytical techniques to help clients make good decisions and solve problems. We work across a wide range of clients and sectors.
We are now looking to recruit a Senior Associate to join our high performing team and support our continued growth. We are looking for people with a commercial mindset who can quickly get to the crux of business issues and deliver commercially "game changing" insight to our clients, enhancing the Deal value through compelling analysis.
Every assignment is different, but we broadly define our offering under the key headings;
- Deal Analytics - increasing confidence in the deal by developing deal models, deal analytics or restructuring modelling
- CFO Office - delivering insight and increasing transparency through strategic planning, short term forecasting and dynamic board reporting
- CEO Office - delivering value creation opportunities using intelligent analytics eg product profitability, pricing, sales force effectiveness and strategic option analysis.
About the role
As a Senior Associate, you will be supporting a broad range of analytical assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and investors of our clients.
Your first assignment may be working with CFOs or CEOs to:
- Support investors secure their funding needs on a high profile acquisition;
- Assess shareholder return by implementing rapid analytics to assess the value drivers of the target business;
- Guide management's pricing decisions by evaluating the impact of price on margins and volume;
- Understand the performance of different customers and products by applying techniques such as cohort analysis and clustering;
- Use data analytics and visualization tools to deliver insights to clients and drive better decision making.
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to internal and external senior management, from a range of backgrounds and business areas, to help clients make robust, evidence based decisions;
- Working in multidisciplinary teams directly with our clients to use data analysis, visualisation and modelling to support the Deal process;
- Designing processes to collect or extract data from disparate information streams (e.g.from client systems, transactional data, management reports) and the ability to connect the dots and turn them into structured, consistent datasets which can be analysed to create engaging and insightful outputs for our clients;
- Developing models which help solve Deals clients' business issues in a way which complements traditional analysis;
- Researching new products and tools, and implementing suitable techniques to solve the specific client problem and deal with potential data availability, quality or accuracy;
- Drafting reports and presentations and using data visualisation to explain findings;
- Building advanced visualization dashboards and data models to analyse large datasets.
If you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and logical manner, for a variety of different businesses then this is the role for you. You will be engaging directly with senior members of our clients, solving their business problems and helping them generate value.
To be considered you must have a degree in a technical or analytical based subject (e.g. Maths, Computational Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Accounting and Finance etc) or equivalent.
You will need significant experience demonstrating a number of the following skills:
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyse their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients;
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and self starter mentality, and be comfortable with a degree ambiguity with little supervision to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and develop these ideas into structured deliverable projects;
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks, self review your work and produce deliverables of a high quality under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments;
- A strong desire to acquire and share technical knowledge with colleagues and clients, and proven experience of doing this in your previous role;
- Passion for technology and new tools and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g. quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges);
- Build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally;
- Experience using data visualization and manipulation tools such as Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx.
The following skills are also desirable:
- Ability to deliver rapid, pragmatic, value orientated advice and tools in a consulting environment;
- Experience with assisting business development activities through working on bids and proposal responses;
- Experience working in a Deal environment;
- An understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Global: Certified Public Accountant - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (preferred)
- Global: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants(ACCA) - ACCA (preferred)
- Global: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Credential - Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute (preferred)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.