Gender Education Specialist
Education Development Trust
Job description / Role
Education Development Trust is seeking a Gender Specialist for a 3-year technical assistance programme focussed on improving inclusive and gender sensitive education and combating learning loss at system level. You will provide strategic advice and capacity building at central, community and school levels to improve teaching quality and support a proactive approach to gender sensitive education issues. Working in collaboration with the Ministry of Education in Jordan and closely with donors and other stakeholders, you will provide technical assistance to strengthen the education system for girls and boys in gender equality, with a particular focus on girls’ education and girls experiencing violence/harassment in schools.
The programme will provide access to quality education for marginalised children, especially girls, and support learning recovery for the 1.6 million host community and refugee children impacted by almost two years of continuous school closures.
This is a full time role and will be based in Amman.
You will have:
• A Master's degree in education and/or gender studies or similar field. (PHD preferred)
• Excellent communication skills in Arabic and English
• A track record of managing, designing and implementing gender programmes/initiatives, with a particular focus on girls’ education and girls experiencing violence/harassment in schools in Jordan or neighbouring countries
• Expertise in vocational education or youth employability
• Experience of working with senior government representatives and donors/ Civil Society Organisations (CSO) stakeholders
• Experience of developing teacher training and curriculum content on Gender, and of supporting teacher training
About the Company
Education Development Trust provides outstanding, sustainable education solutions. In partnership with schools and governments as well as public and private partners, we transform the lives of millions of learners worldwide.
We deliver education services and consultancy on a global scale as well as manage a portfolio of free schools, academies and independent schools.
As a not-for-profit and a registered charity, any surpluses generated from our work are invested into our publicly available programme of educational research. Our research ensures our practice is evidence-based and supports our commitment to excellence in education.
We regularly recruit for a variety of exciting roles, both nationally and internationally, across four main disciplines: school inspection and improvement, school management and ownership, reforming national level education and support for languages teaching.
Our people are experts in education; we combine specialist expertise with a passion for education and a commitment to excellence.