Job description / Role
We are looking to recruit a Group Head of FP&A and Budgeting for a pharmaceutical company based in Jordan, the ideal candidate should have 10-15 years with a listed pharmaceutical/FMCG company. Insight and prior knowledge of Pharma business is highly desired. He will have exceptional communication, influencing and leadership skills and experience of dealing with diverse group of people and culture as well as having a real drive to initiate change and succeed.
* Own and continuously improve the end-to-end financial budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning process of the Group
* Assigning duties and supervising budgeting activities including functional budgets, and ensuring adherence to the IFRS and company's financial policies and principles
* Generating and reviewing budgets, forecasts, 5-year plans and market guidance and all other reports to both internal and external parties in a timely manner
* Participate in business discussion and provide recommendations regarding the identification of risks and opportunities for expansions and growth
* Challenge and communicate revised budgets, forecasts and business plans to business units.
* Proactively collaborate, influence, and align the company's planning processes to achieve the overall company strategy. This includes investigating, verifying, and evaluating the projected performance of the business.
* Formulate an in-depth understanding and holistic knowledge about the nature and requirements of a business process even through focused observation, attention to details, historical trends and business insight
* Building, updating and maintaining complex financial analytical models using excel and other systems.
* Monitoring group performance on a monthly basis and highlighting any major issues to the top management, identifying variances/ deviations and recommending any guidance or advice accordingly
* Prepare Executive Summary's, BOD, as well as, sales and products in-depth analysis (e.g. profitability analysis), and other presentations on a monthly basis.
* Integrate market and business insight into analyses and planning; adopt comprehensive perspectives; assessing and analyzing immense amounts of diverse information in the different areas affecting the working environment
* Support the Corporate Finance in delivering objectives in related areas.
* Examining and evaluating the cost-efficiency of the company across different functions and/or segments.
* Reviewing segmental Management Discussions and Analysis (MD&A) Reports, and preparing the group MD&A report and submitting it to management and Board of Directors (BOD)
* 10-15 years of experience in the core areas of Financial Planning and Analysis and experience in leading a Financial Planning or Analytical team in a global and ideally listed company
* Experience in Pharmaceutical, FMCG industry preferred
* Leadership capability with the ability to develop and build the FP&A team
* Masters degree in finance or accounting qualification (CIMA,CPA, ACA, ACCA preferred)
* Strong understanding of accounting principles (IFRS), income statement and balance sheet translation.
* Good financial systems knowledge. Experience of developing complex reporting tools and insight capabilities. Knowledge of SAP is preferred.
* Proficient in MS Office and Excel modelling.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with various cultures and all levels of management in a multinational environment.
* Ability to be effective both strategically and at a hands-on, operational level
* A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Travel / Rotation Requirements (Brief description of any travel or rotation requirements)
* Ability and readiness to constant business trips - 20% travel
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Group Finance Director
Regional Finance Manager
Group Financial Controller
Robert Half International (RHI)
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba