Job description / Role
The Role Responsibilities
* Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevant business area and its operations.
* Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in region/country), in coordination with group communications.
* Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
* Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
* Support resolution of competing requirements between regulations, for example between AML regulations and data privacy/bank secrecy or information security regulations.
* Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
* Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in Jordan to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
* Act as Process Owner for FCC-owned (sub-) processes under the Group's Risk Management Framework, including implementation and roll-out of relevant processes and DOIs.
* Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC].
* Act as (second line) Risk Control Owner under the Group's Risk Management Framework for those aspects of Regulatory Compliance relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC], and escalate issues as appropriate.
People and Talent
* Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
* Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
* Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
* Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
* Develop communications strategies and plans that deliver timely and relevant messages to the right stakeholders through appropriate activities and channels.
* Ensure [Region/Country/Department] is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address financial crime risks.
* Ensure staff in [Region/Country/Department] have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
* Maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans.
* Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on enterprise case management systems.
* Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management
* Ensure that detection scenarios that are developed and deployed are fit-for-purpose.
* Establish and maintain watch lists used for customer and transaction screening and various other due diligence and investigative purposes (local/regional internal and external).
* Provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. ORF, GRA).
* Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
* Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
* Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
* Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
* Anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the Group and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
* Identify intelligence for typology studies and risk mitigation plans.
* Conduct Country risk assessment.
* Map risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary.
* Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
* Deliver/ support delivery of delivery of annual Global AML, ABC and Sanctions Risk Assessments.
* Partner with legal counsels for advice on technical matters.
* Conduct a root cause analysis on the control/other failures to ensure lessons are learned across the bank.
* Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
* Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank's Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
* Oversee the review and analysis of the client base to identify and manage high risk clients, or specific country reviews.
* The role holder will have worked in a similar role previously and an expert in Financial Crime Compliance.
* Previous people leadership experience is mandatory.
* Ideally ACAMS qualified.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.