Job description / Role
The Middle East & North Africa's leading broadcast media firm is seeking a Head of Digital Software to manage their development hub, based in Amman, Jordan.
You will lead a diverse, large team of software engineers and help push the business towards an AGILE way of working.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Leading, hiring and retaining a team of 80 + engineers and cross-functional team members
* Manage the agile development lifecycle from requirement gathering to deployment
* Provide progress and management reports for each key initiative
* Translate technical solutions in simple terms to senior stakeholders
* Act as an internal champion for the agile development process
* Establish best practices for high quality software engineering
* Work closely with Architects, Developers, Product Owners
You will have the following skills/experience:
* Proven leadership ability for teams of 20+ software developers/engineers
* Strong understanding of SCRUM and KANBAN agile frameworks
* Proven track record in implementing bespoke software solutions
* Solid experience in deploying best practices for automation and CD pipelines
* Demonstrated experience with OTT video delivery solutions
* Excellent communication skills in both English and Arabic
This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure in an innovative organisation that is currently leading the Arab world's entertainment industry through various platforms such as online, mobile and smart TV. Please share your CV for consideration.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.