Job description / Role
IFS - Finance - Finance Transformation Senior Associate - Jordan
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Process Improvement and Management team helps identify opportunities and utilise lean methodologies that facilitate process improvement and efficient resource management. As part of our team, you'll help evaluate existing systems within accounts receivable and payable, financial management and merchandise chargebacks to identify optimisation opportunities.
PwC Middle East employs 6,000 people, operates across 12 countries and is part of the global PwC network. The Finance Transformation team is responsible for working with Finance Leadership and wider stakeholders to deliver the Finance transformation strategy for PwC Middle East.
The key focus of the team is to align Finance with the overall firm strategy in order to become more efficient and provide better service to both internal and external customers.
The Finance Transformation Senior Associate will support the Finance Transformation leadership to deliver priority Finance transformation projects which will cover all aspects of people, process and technology across 12 countries.
Project Leadership and delivery
- Support the Finance Transformation leadership to deliver priority Finance transformation projects. This will include:
- Working with key stakeholders to define and manage project scope, deliverables, phasing, timelines, resources and budget.
- Process redesign in line with lean six sigma principles.
- Utilisation of technology to maximise process efficiency, manage risks and implement control through system implementation, enhancements, integration and automation.
- Organizational redesign and transitioning from as-is to a to-be operating model.
- Change management both within Finance and across the business.
- Champion collaborative discussion, decision making, and problem solving.
Support the Finance Transformation leadership to:
- Ensure agreed scope, quality, timescale and budget are met and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Make sure appropriate project governance is in place and approved project management methodologies are followed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project.
- Ensure customer oriented and economically beneficial project implementation.
- Management of, and interaction with, stakeholders throughout the organisation from colleagues within Finance and other internal functions as well as client facing teams to ensure successful project delivery and effect lasting change.
Learning & Growth
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self.
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Certified accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- Lean six sigma qualified, green belt minimum preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 4+ years of experience in a Finance function / Finance transformation role.
- Professional services experience preferred.
- Proven work experience in supporting the delivery of projects that delivered value to the business resulting in measurable business outcomes.
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial reporting processes in a multinational environment, shared service centre experience preferred.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and meet deadlines, solving problems and taking decisions as necessary.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking.
- Consultative and collaborative working style creating a culture of accountability and sharing.
- Customer service mindset.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships across the organization
- Strong work ethic.
- Ethical conduct.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.