Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in People Analytics - you will deliver data-driven people insights to PwC leadership to support the driving of people, commercial, and key business decision-making processes within the firm.
PwC is a people-based business, and our people are our greatest asset. To help prepare us to be fit for the future in a constantly changing world, it is crucial that our business makes data-driven decisions. The People Analytics function is responsible for delivering insights and solutions to PwC Leadership across a number of key people areas, including: leadership analytics, success profiling, performance and learning and development, attrition and retention, and satisfaction and culture.
As the People Analytics Data Scientist (Senior Associate), you'll support the function's agenda to deliver data-driven people insights to inform business decisions and strategy imperatives. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Researching and developing statistical learning models for data analysis
- Implementing new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability
- Visualizing results and communicating ideas and actionable insights to senior team members and leadership
- Supporting people data-driven projects - inclusive of proof of concepts and enabling initiatives (e.g. data gathering, quality reviews, and data governance
- Working with the central Enterprise Data Team on building data models to support automated provision of analytics
- Optimizing joint development efforts through appropriate database use and model design
- Advanced degree in Data Science / Data Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar
- An understanding of machine learning concepts and its statistical & mathematical concepts, inclusive of predictive analysis
- A strong knowledge of database & big data management systems
- Ability to work with visualization tools, such as Tableau and Power BI
- High proficiency in object oriented and data manipulation programming languages, like Java, Python, R, SQL, and NoSQL
- Ability to relay insights in layman's terms, such that can be used for business decisions
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork
- Compliance with prevailing ethical standards
- Understanding of professional services firms and business models
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Data Science, preferably in People Analytics
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.