Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You'll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC's regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you'll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
The Business Resilience Business Associate is part of the Business Resilience team and operates across all lines of service. The position is responsible for supporting the establishment and implementation of regional standards of business continuity, environment health and safety management in line with any regional regulatory control and ME PwC firm policy.
As an entry level role within the Business Resilience team, the role is focused on being able to acquire the knowledge then drive implementation on the ground, covering all the offices in the Middle East, and offsite locations where applicable.
The main duties of the Business Resilience Associate is to ensure continual implementation and monitoring of the firm's business continuity and, health and safety management systems (BCMS and HSEMS). This covers compliance for all PwC ME firm offices as well as incident management/ business continuity plans and the health and safety procedures to ensure the safety of our visitors and third party contractors working in our offices.
- Adhere to the Business Resilience budget
- Coordinate with BR champions in each office to support them in the implementation of the recommended mitigation measures
- Ensure environment health and safety guidance for staff, office managers and contractors is maintained to ensure all parties receive appropriate information in an accurate and timely manner which will ensure the risks identified are managed
- Contribute to the wider management of Environment Health & Safety (EH&S) by: Supporting the Business Resilience Team in security and evacuation matters as necessary ; Leading or supporting projects or other initiatives ; The management of a health and safety assistants, setting objectives and work plans to support the EH&S function
- Support the maintenance of the firm's certifications in health and safety and business continuity.
- Supports in the development of all Business Resilience policies, procedures, processes and controls
- Ensure that all business continuity and incident management plans are implemented
- Support the review of the Business Impact Analysis across the region, to identify if the business continuity strategies and plans are still appropriate, and where not update accordingly.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects related to HSE and Business Continuity
- Support the management and implementation of apps used by the Business Resilience Team
- As required, cover the travel security clearance process.
- Support the conduct of Health, safety and security audits of our offices.
Learning & Growth
- Meets with relevant business stakeholders to ensure optimal support and relationship
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the R&Q team
- Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationship
- Act as a driver for technological improvement in the department
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience.
- Health and safety accreditation is a plus
- Business continuity accreditation is a plus
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
- 1-2 years of experience in a corporate environment
- Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Process oriented
- Organization skills
- Thoroughness and eye for detail
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong digital mindset
- Ethical conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.