Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You'll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC's regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you'll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
The ME Line of Service (LoS) R&Q Teams operate for selected lines of service across the region. The objective of the LoS R&Q Teams is to provide R&Q advice and support on a day to day basis, to client facing Partners and teams, assisting the business to make appropriate risk decisions while protecting the Firm.
- Support engagement teams with the R&Q acceptance process
- Direct engagement teams to other R&Q Business Partners such as Independence, Compliance etc for specialist advice
- Organise and manage the panel process, liaising with client facing teams, panel chairs and R&Q representatives
- Attend panel meetings
- Write up the minutes and actions from the panel meetings and share these with the relevant LoS R&Q Business Partner for review
- Maintain a record of panel data
- Prepare the panel reports
- Produce the panel chair rota
- Build relationships with the BU Partners and engagement teams
- Consult and escalate to the Business Partner - Director and / or Senior Manager as necessary
Internal Process (Leadership & Management)
- Produce guidance, templates and update policies and procedures as necessary in conjunction with the LoS R&Q Business Partners
- Provide required data and input, such as on Partner performance, to other R&Q functions
- Provide support to xlos R&Q projects as needed
- Ensure compliance with the relevant PwC Network standards, policies and procedures.
Learning & Growth
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the R&Q team
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships.
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Client facing experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm (or equivalent) preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Process oriented
- Organization skills
- Thoroughness and eye for detail
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ethical conduct
- A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.