Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. Our Information Technology Generalist - Practice Support team focuses on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing internal applications, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for PwC to drive strategic business growth.
The Automation Developer/Engineer role will see you working with multiple projects and stakeholders. Internally, we have various teams that may see you working with Robotic Process Automation, OCR and Data Automation or Intelligent Automation. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with internal architects and business SMEs to ensure requirements are thorough and complete.
- Address automation requirements to assess and deliver solutions.
- Providing subject matter expertise/leveraging existing knowledge in the business on automation solutions.
- Create solutions utilising best development practices.
To be considered for the position, you will have experience or have been exposed to the following:
- Have an IT development background or a bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or similar).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent professional presentation and communication skills (written and verbal, formal documentation, diagramming and modelling).
- Solutions focused and critical thinking skills.
- Experience using agile project management and methodologies.
- Experience with ITSM tools such as Service now.
- Experience with Power BI , Alteryx and business intelligence tools.
- Knowledge of Automation or RPA and other similar emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning or AI modelling.
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure deployments/ design (Azure/ AWS/ Google).
- Knowledge of Cloud Apps (Azure/ AWS/ Google).
- Dialogflow and Microsoft Bot framework.
- Understanding of Emerging Technologies and where they dovetail with technologies that are now considered mainstream.
Tech-Advisory can offer a fast-paced and collaborative delivery environment with an emphasis on culture and teamwork, ensuring all projects are delivered with our high standards. We have a large team of experienced architects and developers to work alongside and guide you through your journey and offer on the job training and development with access to multiple certifications.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.