Job description / Role
IT - Automation Process Analyst (Associate) - Jordan
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Automation Engineer and Innovation team helps clearly articulate technology requirements and the business demand for automation and innovation solutions, influence senior stakeholders, and build a strong foundation to grow and scale. You'll deliver powerful and differentiated automation and innovation solutions enabling the business strategy of the Firm and evolving to accommodate changes as needed.
The role is to devise and design business process requirements for all IT-related business, financial, and operations systems critical to core organizational functions. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. The Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to - or new requirements for - business processes and operational procedures. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new computer systems.
Strategy & Planning
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Meet with decision-makers, systems owners, and end-users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organization.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of process analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation - to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate the implementation of new or improved business processes.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or management information systems.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping, methodology development, and data modelling.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies and mainframe applications.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.