Job description / Role
IT - Project Manager - Jordan
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Project Management team collaborates with PwC practice leaders to develop and deliver technology solutions. We provide project management oversight and collaborate with various project resources and vendors to ensure the appropriate methodology is followed, deliverable quality is high, and satisfaction is achieved. Simply put, you'll solve business problems using technology, work with multiple teams concurrently, and be able to take pride in end to end ownership of a project.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to join our IT team in Internal Firm Services to deliver technology related projects and lead a team of project managers in delivering to the overall IT Programme of Work.
In this role, you will provide strong leadership in managing multiple IT projects in the areas of IT infrastructure, solution development, business application implementations, information security and technology transformation.The ideal candidate will have strong project and people management skills with a proven ability to successfully manage change and motivate teams.
- Reviews business cases for each proposed technology project, including the detailed scoping, solution analysis, cost benefit analysis and return on investment, ensuring they align to best practice, and are cognisant of potential regional synergies
- Oversees management of technology project budgets once approved within each project
- Identifies and creates applications for network sources of funding as appropriate for review and submission by CIO
- Focuses on value for money / cost effectiveness in delivering solutions to end-users
- Support development of technology function budget, and ensuring alignment to high priority technology roadmap
- Oversees the team of Business Partners, and ensures continuous dialogue with key business stakeholders
- Works with other Technology Function Team Leads to deliver the best solutions for the business
- Takes a lead role in developing the holistic technology roadmap, validating the inputs of the Business Partner team
- Review and report progress to CIO and key business stakeholders on progress against IT delivery priorities and budgets, dealing with escalations as necessary
- Oversees identifying technology gaps, proposes and implement the required changes to cover potential risks.
- Manages the Project Team resources, ensuring equal distribution of workload across the team and driving collaboration between them
Learning & Growth
- Encourages and supports team's ongoing ability to learn, understand and apply knowledge of business and technology strategies, plans and external influences and to bring these together to make a commercially aware, value adding contribution to the business
- Approves and oversees the delivery of work by external project consultants where applicable
- Champion internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Manage relationship with LoS / Function senior stakeholders, maintaining excellent relationships and driving cross functional technology discussions among them
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees on the team
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Certificates (PMP, PRINCE2, ITSM, ITIL, etc.) are required
- Master's in Business Administration is preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 11+ years experience in a Lead position, with sole accountability to deliver complex technology projects
- Leading multidisciplinary projects within Technology Services Team
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Estimating timelines, measuring risk and devising mitigation strategies
- Create and own project plans to support on time and in budget delivery of in scope IT projects
- Update and track progress against project baseline
- Define project delivery strategies, and deploy a range of tools to deliver projects - Agile, Waterfall etc
- Manage stakeholder expectations as to project delivery
- Communicate status updates to key stakeholders
- Manage project interdependencies and maintain the critical path of inscope projects
- Manage risk and issue registers
- Escalation of issues to project boards for resolution
- Resource allocation and engagement
- Support in project closeout, particularly in value realisation efforts
- Lead quality assurance
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technology background, with an excellent understanding of current technology trends
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g. PMP / PRINCE2)
- Working know knowledge functional areas of IT - active directories, network and infrastructure, cloud operations, dev / ops
- Ability to use a range of PM tools - Project, Jira, Dev Ops etc
- Highly motivated individual, with a strong sense of personal accountability for delivery
- Excellent teaming abilities
- Ability to listen, summarise and draw conclusions from discussions
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate concisely and effectively both in oral and written form (translating business and IT jargon appropriately) to build and maintain business relationships, build confidence, credibility and trust with senior business and IT contacts and influence key stakeholders in both communities.
- Ability to effectively supervise a team of different levels of professionals engaged in carrying out departmental functions.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.